Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Are we there yet?

Headed into our 39th week appointment!

As the hours and days tick past, we hover on the precipice of great change. Today, waiting in the doctor's office, chatting with Jacob, it struck me how precious these moments are. I could have sat there and talked with him all day (except for my need to eat and use the restroom every 30 min.). We'll never be in this place again.
Quiet.
Waiting.
Excitement.
Anxiety.
The anticipation is so strong; two work friends let me know that they dreamed about me last night. Each day my mom calls and asks, "Have you had that baby yet?" Jacob is watching over me like a hawk; checking for signs of early labor. As we left the doctor's office today, we made our appointment for next Tuesday knowing we may never keep it, and if we do, we will need to scheduled our induction date. Which brings me to a question for y'all. We want to let the (not so) little blueberry take as much time as needed to grow in there, but we would like to avoid induction if possible. SO, at what point do we pull out all the stops and really try to get labor going. AND, what are the ol' wives (and husbands) remedies to give blueberry the boot?

2 comments:

  1. I am a firm believer that baby will come when baby is ready, that said you can not risk the health of the baby or you to let baby come naturally. You are so in tune with your pregnancy that you and Jacob will know what to do if that time comes when you have to make a choice. I was told to take castor oil to bring on labor, it was nasty and didn't work. Ruby has some great ideas though I would give her a call Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plenty of friends who went 2 weeks late with their first baby. I believe they can do ultrasounds to detect whether the baby still has enough fluid, and if so, babe should be fine. But obvs ask your doc/midwife. :)

    to get it going? walk, walk, walk, walk, walk. sex. Those are my tips. :) but I believe they only really get things going if baby is ready to come. There are also herbal concoctions for induction, but the midwives/docs I know who use them follow a specific protocol, so I wouldn't dare recommend anything on my own. I've also known people who have taken castor oil, which is effective but nas-tay.

    good luck! can't wait to hear the news... xo

    ReplyDelete