Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Lent, Baby

From the Shepherd of the Mountains Lutheran Church Lenten email:
"Lent is about giving up something so that we have space and time to do something for God. What are you giving up for Lent?


Fast from criticism,
and feast on praise.
Fast from self-pity,
and feast on joy.
Fast from ill-temper,
and feast on peace
Fast from resentment,
and feast on contentment.
Fast from jealousy,
and feast on love.
Fast from pride,
and feast on humility.
Fast from selfishness,
and feast on service."

In considering what I would "give up" for Lent this year, I knew it wouldn't be booze or chocolate (having just gone 9 months of dietary restrictions), instead I am "giving up" laziness by choosing to go on a daily walk. Whether or not I make it out every day, my intention is to spend time with Augustus, and often Bear, moving, breathing and watching spring creep into Jackson Hole.


Dear friends, sweet baby and brilliant sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment