Saturday, August 21, 2010

"It's a good time to be a baby."

One of my (many) Droid pregnancy apps describes this time as a "good time to be a baby." There's plenty of room to move around and apparently the blueberry is doing all kinds of wiggling and dancing in there. I certainly haven't felt any of that yet, but sometime in the next couple of weeks, I will! And, I've definitely "popped" giving that blueberry plenty of space for Jazzercise. Although the blueberry's eyes are closed, s/he is practicing moving those eyes around and the big news of this week is the the baby can hear! Well, s/he can hear my voice, my singing (eek!) and loud or startling noises. The little one is actually not so little this week between 3-5 ounces and 4-5 inches long or about the length of my hand! The baby does not have any fat yet (despite my best efforts!) but is well on it's way to becoming a true individual with personalized fingerprints in the works. With all this action going on, I've had Psalm 139 bouncing around in my head all week:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment