Monday, August 30, 2010

Jackson Hole, meet the blueberry. Blueberry, meet Jackson Hole.

It's been a busy week to be a blueberry! Saturday Kjera worked the Teton Science Schools Annual Auction and set-up for a wedding on Sunday. Sunday was our first experience with "professional" wedding planning. Meanwhile, Jacob was shooting ping-pong ball explosives out of a helicopter to light a backfire down in Hoback Canyon. Monday the blueberry experienced his/her first Chris Horne Float, which was especially exciting celebrating Peter and Katie's engagement! Tuesday night we gave into a craving for pad thai and treated ourselves to Teton Thai. On Wednesday, Journeys School students and parents swarmed back to campus for our Back to School Community Day, during which many parent rumors started about me, and I was able to answer the antiquated question of "Are you expecting?" I'm not sure why this is so funny to me, but every time I want to give a sassy answer like, "I'm expecting an outstanding school year," or "I'm expecting it to rain this afternoon." Nevertheless, it is fun to share my news with more and more folks. Thursday afternoon brought a beautiful walk along the Snake River with Jill and her dog Cooper and well as a celebration of the news that Katie welcomed her "prince", Cooper, into the world. Friday night brought some well-deserved rest in preparation for Saturday's prenatal workout class (I'm still sore!), a trip to the Farmer's Market, a visit with Kelly, a firefighter crew-B-Q and Jess's 30th birthday celebration at the Cowboy Bar! Sunday was a day to celebrate Margot and baby Olive (I've never been to a baby shower with so many other pregnant women!) and hang out with Jacob (who was enjoying his first day off in over 2 weeks). The week ahead promises several important "firsts": first day of school, our BIG ultrasound, prep for our first yard sale, and anytime now our first sensation of movement!

Question of the week:
What do you think about finding out the baby's gender?

5 comments:

  1. It was great not to know the first time and great to know the second. I can't explain the difference, but I am glad we did it the way we did each time. Either way, it's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. surprise! b/c it's helping me save money...since i don't want to just buy you Duck clothes or yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't have an option with our kids--your choice now though---fun to know and fun to not know (Wow that was alot of help)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a surprise is super kewl. So when is the baby shower your mom is throwing? Just curious and do you have ideas of what you want (I know Sharon will do something so I'll be there :-) or suggestions? I'd love to help brainstorm or give a second opinion if you haven't gotten too many yet.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete