Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to School

Here's a surprise bonus blog for my loyal followers!
We're now two days into the 2010-2011 school year. A year that is sure to change my teaching (well hey, my life) forever. It's been a great joy sharing my pregnancy news with the Journeys School students and families. It started with a "get to know your teachers" activity where we each shared two truths and a lie. Mine went a little something like this:
  1. If you need to find me, my office is in the back of the Teacher Learning Center. (FALSE! That was true until this summer when I did a major book purge and moved over to the elementary school classrooms.)
  2. My husband, Jacob, is a wild land firefighter who rappels out of helicopters and gets to launch flame balls from the sky. (TRUE) 
  3. I'm pregnant and going to be having a baby at the end of January. (TRUE)
. . . And I totally stumped them! Also, I've been asking the students if they think the baby will be a boy or a girl. I feel like kids and animals must be more closely in tune with our natural rhythms, so I trust them. The votes seem to leaning toward girl and one little gal explained that "everyone wanted Betsy's baby to be a girl, so it was." My highlight of the day was from a little Kindergarten dude, who's face is covered in road rash from a crash the night before school started, who (quite confidently) declared that my baby would be a "Super Baby!". Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment